Turf services in Virginia are very necessary considering the presence of various fields. Putting greens should be done by a professional. He or she can design and install putting greens that the client will enjoy for many years to come.
Most common used types of turf grass used in Virginia
- Bent grass. This type of grass is able to cope with the cold climate found in Virginia especially during the winter. It has one of the finest textured quality grass that ensure that the field is as beautiful as possible. To be able to effectively work with this kind of grass, the user has to continually fertilize it during the early stage s of preparation.
- Bermuda grass. This kind of grass usually tolerates most of the climates and will definitely work well in Virginia. The user can however combine it with his or her bent grass. The user will require to use sod in order to make the grass grow .it has the lowest maintenance cost and thus preferred by most people.
- Rye grass. This kind of grass is perennial in nature and does well in cool climates. Its texture is medium type and thus can be used effectively for greens.
- Augustine grass. This kind of grass is recommended for the hot humid summers found of Virginia, it usually requires moderate care. This kind of grass is indestructible, which makes the grass a good selection for homes and businesses.
Best maintenance practices of turf grass in Virginia
Stop fertilizing the turf grass repeatedly.
Lots of fertilizer encourages rapid growth of the turf grass, making it more vulnerable to disease and insects. Fertilizing only once in the fall is the best practice
Start mowing at the highest setting on the mower.
When the turf grass is a bit taller, it is healthier .this is because it can now shade out weed seed and prevent them from sprouting. It also keeps the soil cooler thus keeping it moist for a longer time and encouraging the proliferation of soil microbes which are necessary in nourishment of the grass. All this encourages the turf grass to spread into bare spots.
Do not use pesticides or insecticides on the turf grass
These chemicals kill important microbes found in the soil that assist in aeration of the soil and that assist keep the soil nourished. If the owner can observe good grass maintenance practices, he or she will not need to use these chemicals as the grass would be healthy.
Addition of lime to the soil that grows the turf grass
It’s usually necessary to add lime to the soil to counteract acid rain that results due to industrialization. The addition is done once a year and is necessary to help protect your turf grass from acid rain effects. This is important considering the adverse effects of acid rain on the grass such as change of color and drying up.
Turf services are usually done by a profession for best results. This is one of the most important factor to ensure that thigh quality and durable greens are installed. This is usually critical for the commercial fields such as golf courses which are always in frequent uses and also represent that particular corporation. Another factor considered is the cost efficiency in terms of maintenance and fertilizing.
These best turf grass maintenance services are only done with a person who understands the nature of the grass the user is using, the type of soil in his or her field and the degree of effects of acid rain in the locality.
Latest posts by Keith Kitchen (see all)
- Why sports turf maintenance is important and important maintenance tips. - June 8, 2019
- Maintaining your Sports Turf During the Rainy Season - March 18, 2019
- Tips on How to maintain Your Artificial Sports Turf in Rainy Season - January 2, 2019